8 September 2013

Conjecture

I wonder if when Jonah was off to catch his boat, all his mates thought he was getting the one to Nineveh but once they'd waved him off he jumped on a different one?

This is conjecture, of course, but there would have been boat schedules possibly or he would at least have know in advance of leaving that the date was drawing closer.

How inviting and straightforward must that boat to Tarshish have appeared? Maybe bigger and stronger looking than the one going in the opposite direction. How easy, when no one was looking anymore would it have been to sidle from one queue to another and blend in with the travellers and tourists?

I'm not seriously tempted to 'head to Tarshish' but there is an appeal in stopping in the canaries, deciding to stay to see mini-me through uni, deciding to stay in the UK and convince myself and others what I really need is just a little bit more training.

But Saturday it is and Nineveh it will be. I carry something too precious to be sacrificed for comfort and ease. The alternative is that I am sacrificed instead. So be it. I will leave with tears and come back rejoicing with sheaves.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: