3 October 2005

At last!

The news is finally official and out in the open. I have a new job. (yeah, another one, i know!) I've only been at MK for 4 months but I've been offered an assistant managership that I'd be stupid to turn down. So I didn't. Two more weeks at MK before heading south to HH.
Recruitment for two branches simultaneously is a challenge! Arriving at 7 a.m after an hour's drive to let the cleaning lady in is something I just can't wait for either. But it's a brand new store so I get to be Book Fuhrer from the word go. It's all good.
One of guys at work responded with 'Good, I never liked you anyway', which was momentarily unnerving. I manoeuvred that one then he came back with 'how soon are you leaving?' Touching.

5 comments:

kumquat said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

he was joking right?

kumquat said...

Joking in a kind of not especially funny way if you know what I mean. I don't think he really meant it but I did beat him to the fast track so it's an edgy kind of humour.

Anonymous said...

Nasty, unnecessary comment from your co-worker. Nice nickname for your future role.......

kumquat said...

yes wherever did i think that one up. FRIEND!!