11 July 2012

Home, James...




So I’ve been back three weeks so an update is overdue. The first thing that struck me about being home was HAYFEVER and a CHEST INFECTION!

It’s good to be home, though, and I’ve loved catching up with friends and family again, not to mention the hound!  There’s no way to really sum up what four months (nearly) in the desert is like but I’ve got a much better idea now of the things I will find difficult living there long-term. It’s good to go with a realistic view. At the same time it was a bit of a ‘honeymoon period’ but then whoever didn’t go on honeymoon because they had to face day to day life when they got home?!

So my days now are spent looking for summer work (6 applications in at the moment), trying to sell all my worldly belongings, walking the dog, hanging out with friends and reading.

Since getting back I’ve read ‘From Foreign to Familiar’ (2/5. Some good bits but pretty much candy floss), ‘Irresistible Revolution’ (3/5, well worth a read, challenging but a single-issue book) & a biography of Hudson Taylor (5/5, inspiring, challenging, thought-provoking) Have started a fictional book while I wait for something else to arrive in the post and I pretty much want to slap the protagonist at the moment!

Other significant news:

·      I’ve learnt how to make custard tart


No comments: