14 August 2006

Laugh if you will...

Laugh if you will but I have discovered the delights of Edith Piaf. Two cd's at 97p each from Tesco have given me 30+ of her tracks without resorting to the obvious 'Je ne regrette rien'.

'La vie en Rose' has a most wonderful tune and Edith's voice is stunning whether or not you understand the French.

She has a look that is indisputably French and of the 30's & 40's that I love. Closing my eyes I can imagine the music is coming out of a bakelite wireless in an inter-war Parisien kitchen...
48 hours and I'll be back in her pays de naissance avec mes reves d'habiter encore au pays qui me manque depuis des annees.

4 comments:

blueduck said...

i seem to have forgotten which branch you command...

kumquat said...

205

blueduck said...

ta

funny videos said...

Wow, you really have a nice blog here. I'll be back to visit again.

For the most funny videos on the web please visit my blog!

Happy double oooh seven to you, and all your visitors.