11 June 2005

phone call

i have just had the weirdest call ever!

we get inundated with calls from people trying to sell us new kitchens and double glazing but today was a call unlike any other.

the girl said what sounded like 'hello is that miss ***?',
'yes.',
'do you love me? i'd like to let you know that your house has been selected as a possible trial home for a new kitchen. can i ask you how old your kitchen is?'

i thought i MUST have heard wrong so i gave my usual line;

'thank you but i don't want to pursue this.'

to which she replied;

'yes but do you love me?'

i asked who was calling and she said something like never mind and hung up.

has anyone else had this???? does this person know me do you think? she sounded really quiet and upset, not like someone doing it for a dare. weird huh?

4 comments:

soulmining said...

We get loads of calls too, but never had one like that (yet)... just signed up for TPS this week, so it should stop these types of call - you can register at www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps

kumquat said...

thanks for that link soul.

Anonymous said...

Last time I phoned the cinema up for programme times, and actually spoke to a Real Person, he told me he loved me! I asked what time the film started (as opposed to what time all the trailers start, which I like watching usually more than the film...) and when he told me, I said 'thank you' and he said 'I love you'. Bizaare.

kumquat said...

wow. really? that is odd. glad i'm not alone. she hasn't called back and tried to fix up a date so i think i blew that one! mr kumquat even asked, with a little too much interest i fear, whether i'd ever had any lesbian lovers in the past...