11 May 2005

palimp bdo

Well that was a rather splendid day. A couple of token gestures towards art and literature then the rest of the day drinking ourselves garrulous in London pubs. When else can you go out with people called Wav, Col, Gil, Bak & Digger?
Eleven of us from the www.palimpsest.org.uk site met up today. Everyone seemed younger than their avatars suggested and we even enjoyed the disembodied presence of Mr Self via photo messaging.
All agreed after the first three drinks that we were all smashing and special. 'Special' came to mean different things by the end of the day! Some people were 'awww', some 'heeeee' and still others a combination of 'whaa?' and 'yes but i mean why er what .....?'
Roll on the next Big Day Out.

3 comments:

kumquat said...

We used real names but... I was the last to tell! In fact I thought it would be amusing not to say my name and see if anyone would actually call me quat. Eventually Honeypotts asked and there was a palpable silence waiting for me to confess! LOL. I don't think anyone could believe parents could be so cruel as to call their newborn daughter after a citrus.

kumquat said...

what the hell have i started!!!

kumquat said...

I'd love to start a fight over lotus but no beau/belle is worth the risk of meeting you face to face, earwig.