6 March 2005

Resistance is useless.

Well 'useless' might be a bit harsh. I went to see a production at our local theatre tonight based on a true story of the blind and visually impaired working for the French Resistance during WWII.

Resistance was performed by an all blind/vis. imp. cast. It was an interesting evening. If I were to be picky to the point of pedantry, and let's face it, I am, I'd say the text was a little bit too dense. It was played with passion but I thought sometimes relied a little too heavily on exaggerated gestures and tones of voice. The choreography however was impressive. There was a lot of climbing around on frames and short bursts of dance that worked well for the most part but occassionally didn't hold together.

It was a good evening. Not your typical mother's day present but I think it went down well with the M.I.L.

No comments: