9 November 2004

081104

OUCH.

some nasty beggar posted this on my other blog:

Where is the creativity, the inspiration... the message? What do you want to say to me, as a reader. Where is the substance? Your word choicage is distasteful, your descriptions uncoordinated and unclear. It lacks the subtle grace, that literary mood that pours us into the subject, forces us to embrace it.

Your presence as a writer is as a hopeful mid-teen girl (perhaps 17? 16?)

Am feeling surprisingly hurt.

I replied:

May i remind you of my inital post which said:

THE EXCUSES
Clearly this place is going to be awash with lifeless prose from time to time but that's partly due to the fact that NaNo is trying to get me to write 50,000 words in 30 days. The other reasons are obvious!


I am taking part in a project designed to get us to write 50,000 words in one month. There is no time for revision.

I was 15 very many years ago and frankly, I find your choice of words (rather than the cumbersome 'word choicage') distasteful.

I notice you remain anonymous.


OUCH. I'm going to bed.


1 comment:

kumquat said...

fanks.

Newsflash. Picasso once drew a stick man with crayons.
Obviously I'm expecting to get to the end of the month and suddenly wake up to the realisation that I've written a prize winner quite by accident.

an overly dramatic blown kiss and stage bow to the nice people who loiter round these quarters.