31 October 2004

tick followed tock followed tick

It seems pointless waiting til midnight but midnight it must be.

I thought a panicky thread would be a good place to start while i while away another 80 minutes and then crash into bed being too knackered and grouchy to bother writing anything.

Of course I have no plans beyond it's about a girl who writes something strange in the end of year book then dies so what she writes takes on prophetic proportions and ends up unravelling the lives of everyone around her. That should secure me half a page. Now where to find 50K words??

I'm thinking that I am actually allowed to think about plot as I go along and it doesn't matter *overly* if it's not all planned with teutonic precision and written out in triplicate by midnight.

Really, if you plan badly and want to stick an extra chapter in at the wrong place, just do it - call it postmodern or a lost manuscript unearthed by a secondary character.

No comments: